Peter Pan


Tuesday August 4th- Tonight we saw Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens and it was wonderful! After a quick trip to see the statue of Peter Pan across The Serpentine, we made our way into the theater. As we took our seats and the play began, we knew we were in for a very special evening. It was a spectacular presentation of a beloved children’s story and I loved every minute of it.

I work with kids on a daily basis, fairy tales, story time and glitter crafts play a large role in my daily activities. Seeing classic tales interpreted through different mediums is always interesting as sometimes I find ideas for future programs. I’m very excited to share what I saw with the kids at the library, to describe what it was like to see Peter Pan fly across the stage and the Crocodile swim after Captain Hook. Sitting in the audience listening to hundreds of tiny voices whisper “I believe in fairies” when Tinkerbell needed help brought a smile to my face, not only because it made me think of the kids I work with back in the States, but because I was reminded what it’s like to be a kid. Observing, day in and day out the fierce belief and steadfast hope that exists in young children is always a joy- it makes my job incredibly worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment